FORECAST: TOP 10 MOST IN-DEMAND DIGITAL SKILLS
By 2025, people and machines will work the same number of hours. Automation will displace or modify around 85 million jobs, primarily those dominated by manual and routine repetitive tasks, according to a report by the World Economic Forum.
The need for a massive increase in digital skills has also been confirmed by a global survey conducted by HR company Adecco Group. In the survey, 69% of respondents expressed a desire for additional opportunities for upskilling in this area.
The global talent shortage further emphasizes the increasing importance of enhancing digital skills. The lack of qualified personnel with specific skills affects many industries, from manufacturing to supply chains and accounting.
Based on significant labor market changes and technological advancements, Adecco Group predicts that knowledge in the following ten areas will be most sought after by 2025:
- Data analysis and cloud services (from architects and developers to data scientists)
- Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML)
- Big Data Science (data analytics on large datasets)
- Digital marketing and strategy development in this field
- Process automation
- Business development
- Digital transformation
- Information security (including cybersecurity)
- Software and application development (UX/UI, blockchain programming)
- Internet of Things (IoT)
However, the most sought-after skills are a combination of hard and soft skills. Therefore, in addition to technological skills, the list also includes skills such as:
- Emotional intelligence – the ability to understand oneself and others
- Entrepreneurship and risk-taking
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Maintaining mental well-being – coping with stress, depression, and anxiety
“More than ever, people need to realize that their own development primarily depends on themselves. Upskilling and reskilling are the responsibility of both companies and employees,” emphasized Dr. Irina Yoncheva, HR Director at Adecco Bulgaria.
Digital skills for the workforce
Digital skills for ICT professionals