ESSENTIALS OF DEVELOPING OMNIVERSE KIT APPLICATIONS
NVIDIA has created a set of comprehensive reference applications including Create, Drive Sim and Isaac Sim to demonstrate the capabilities of the Omniverse Kit. Everything you see in these reference apps extends to your custom apps. You can leverage existing NVIDIA extensions to speed up your application development, as applications consist of different extensions that collaborate to streamline specific workflows.
During this course, participants will understand:
- The essence of the Kit file and the art of its creation.
- The process of integrating extensions into applications.
- The role of extension dependencies.
- How to formulate the application layout.
- The use of styling techniques.
- Packaging and distributing an application.
Once completed, you will be able to create and share your own custom applications within the dynamic Omniverse community.
- Basic knowledge of Python.
- Elementary knowledge of computer graphics may be helpful, but is not required.
- Developing extensions for Omniverse.
- GitHub navigation.
- Command line proficiency.
- Tools in action:
- Visual Studio Code
Minimum recommended hardware:
- Desktop or laptop computer with Intel i7 Gen 5 or AMD Ryzen.
- GPU with NVIDIA RTX support and 16 GB.
- Connected Learning:
- “Getting Started with USD for Collaborative 3D Workflows”
- “Easily develop advanced 3D layout tools in NVIDIA Omniverse”
- “Building a beautiful, custom user interface for 3D tools in NVIDIA Omniverse”
- “How to create custom tools for manipulating 3D scenes in NVIDIA Omniverse”
Digital skills for ICT professionals
AR & VR
Format of the training
Duration of the training
Type of training
Language of the training
Country providing the training