The European Commission has opened a call under Horizon Europe for the organisation of the Women TechEU Scheme.
- Support deep tech innovation as a basis for a modern, knowledge-driven, resource-efficient and competitive economy;
- Promote female leadership in the deep tech industry to build fairer, more inclusive, and more prosperous innovation ecosystems in the European Union (EU);
- Foster cooperation and networking between women entrepreneurs in the deep tech field.
The consortium selected under this call is expected to organise the Women TechEU scheme, covering the following activities:
- Ensure the design, organisation, and management of the Women TechEU scheme, ensuring continuity with the previous versions of the scheme
- Ensure smooth connection with the EIC Business Acceleration Services (BAS) for the mentoring and coaching support activities;
- Communicate and promote the scheme in order to secure quality applications;
- Organise landmark events, building a network of Women TechEU grantees, and help them to connect with the overall EIC community;
- Promote cooperation and networking activities among the community of women entrepreneurs in the deep tech field;
- Report on the implementation of the scheme (key data on applications, start-ups funded, demographics of end-beneficiaries of the scheme, etc.) to European Commission services.
As a final objective, the scheme supports European early-stage deep tech start-ups, registered and established in an EU Member State or Horizon Europe Associated Country for at least six months at the time of the submission, founded or co-founded by women, holding a top management position.
Where appropriate, the applicants should seek synergies with possibilities for further funding from other relevant EU, national and/or regional innovation programmes.
- at least one independent legal entity established in a Member State, and
- at least two other independent legal entities, each established in different Member States or Associated Countries.
- up to €15.000.000
- For this call, only 1 grant will be disbursed
Deadline for submission: 23 March 2023 17:00, Brussels time